Recipe : Dutch Pancake with Fruit


My mom used to make these for my little sister when we were growing up. Buttery with just a little sweet and the size of a skillet, I would easily eat a whole one by myself!  Now I make them for my son.

You will need a medium to large skillet that is oven safe. I recommend cast iron or enamel for the best results. You can also make the recipe plain (leave off the fruit) or savory (omit sugar...top with bacon or mushrooms and cheese)

Dutch Pancake with Fruit

3 eggs
6 tbls milk
6 tbls flour
1 tbls sugar
3 tbls butter
1/2 cup fresh apples (sliced thin), raspberries, or blueberries
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Put skillet in oven and preheat oven to 425. 
In a blender, mix eggs, milk, flour and sugar until frothy.
Melt butter in skillet in oven.  Once melted, swirl to cover the bottom of the pan evenly.
Pour batter into skillet and sprinkle with fruit.
Bake 15 minutes, until pancake is golden and puffed up.

Slice and serve dusted with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment