I used this technique for wrapping in parchment: https://youtu.be/52wYn99cL2I
|cut parchment into heart shape pieces|
|Have all ingredients ready for assembly|
|Layer lemons and vegetables under the fish.|
|Top with pesto to taste, and drizzle with olive oil.|
|Finished packets ready to go into the oven.|
4 sheets of parchment paper, approx 18"
4 fresh Halibut filets (6oz)
1 c. carrots, julienned
1 c. mexican squash or zucchini, julienned
1 scallion, julienned
1/2 c. perfect pesto
8 lemon slices, 1/4" thick and seeded
salt and pepper
extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Follow directions for heart-shaped parchment package in video above.
2. Unfold parchment heart and place two lemon slices on one side so that it touches the fold, but not the border.
3. Top lemons with 1/4 cup each carrots and squash and a few slices of scallion.
4. Place fillet on top of vegetables.
5. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of pesto over fillet; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper.
4. Fold paper; sealing edges with folds. Repeat with the remaining parchment paper, fish, and vegetables.
5. Place packets on baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. To serve in packets, carefully transfer to plates and pierce each to allow steam to escape. Diners can peel back the parchment to eat out of the package. To plate, open packets and transfer the fillets and vegetables to plates; pour juices over top.
*packets can also be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to cook